News and Current Events
Rules and Regulations Brochure
A copy of the 2022 - 2023 Parking Rules and Regulations brochure can be downloaded here. Parking regulations are enforced year-round, including summers and semester breaks.
To download the campus parking lot map click here.
Connect Transit Temporarily Reducing Frequency of Service
Connect Transit has released a statement announcing reductions to weekday bus frequency and weekend levels of select routes. The Redbird Express changes will not take effect until October 16. 2022.
For up-to-date information on bus services, please call Connect Transit at (309) 828-9833, or visit Connect Transit online at www.connect-transit.com.
Coming the week of July 25, 2022--pay by space changes to pay by license plate at all campus metered areas.
During the week of July 25, 2022 you will notice changes to the signage in the metered areas on campus. We are changing to pay by license plate instead of pay by space. Please note the important information below.
- Signs are posted in each metered area indicating the zone number. (See example here.) You will need this zone number to complete your parking transaction when using the pay by phone applications. Zone numbers have changed to reflect the area/lot in which you are parked. You will no longer enter zone 61790.
- You will need to know your license plate number. It is recommended you keep a photo of your license plate on your phone for easy access.
- If you are using the Passport Parking application, you can add your vehicle to the app by logging in and selecting “vehicles” from the side menu. The app will save recent license plate numbers you have used before.
- If you are using a pay station, the zone is automatically entered, and you will only need to enter your license plate number as part of the parking transaction.
- You must follow the license plate entry requirements to ensure your vehicle is entered into the database of paid spaces. (See example here.)
- You must park your vehicle in such a way that your license plate is visible from the drive lane. Failure to do so will result in citation.
- Remember you must complete your parking transaction before leaving your parked vehicle. Do not complete the transaction as you are walking to your destination. If you do, your vehicle may be observed as parked without payment and a citation may result.
For additional information on pay stations and pay by cell please click on the "Parking" tab above and select "Pay Stations and Pay by Cell" on the left side of the page. All metered parking spaces have time limits. A list of metered areas and time limits can be found here.
Passport Parking Pay by Phone - customers who experience difficulty with the payment application may use a call in pay by phone option. Be prepared with your zone and license plate number when you call. The number is 1 (309) 326-5771. Remember you must complete your parking transaction before leaving your vehicle parked. Attempting to pay after you leave the vehicle parked may result in a citation.
Join the Parking Announcements Listserv. We would like to keep you informed of happenings on campus that may affect campus parking space availability. Illinois State University regularly hosts major statewide athletic tournaments, conventions, concerts and other events on campus. The Office of Parking and Transportation will attempt to notify the campus community of upcoming events that may impact parking and any parking lot closures that may occur. Sign up here.